Gary Martin

Gary Martin in 1979 Opening Nevada Copy Systems
Linda and Gary in 1981 with
Sharp 850 & Gradco Collator
Gary Martin AOP   
Nevada Copy Systems 
Las Vegas, Nevada

Gary entered the copy machine industry in 1963 in San Diego, working through the diffusion and electrostatic processes and into the plain paper machines, in fact Gary has the distinction of selling the first Sharp plain paper copier in America in 1976.  He founded (his first) Nevada Copy Systems in Las Vegas in 1979, sold to ALCO Standard  and  joined the AOP team in 1989.  
Gary said: “I remember how special the AOP Days were, The Concept, The People, The Meetings, Hilton Head, The Trips, The President Club in Hawaii and the Legendary stories of some of the AOP Partners. After I left AOP in 1992, Linda and I spent the next couple of years at our home in Lake Tahoe, traveled extensively and played a lot of golf, in fact, I played over 300 rounds of Golf during that time”.  
1994
In 1994, Gary became bored with retirement, (as did many of the AOP partners) and decided to get back in the copier business.  He told me: “I bought a small Konica Dealership in Las Vegas, changed the name to Nevada Business Systems and in 2005 my second Nevada Copy Systems was purchased by Konica Minolta, I worked for Konica Minolta until the end of March 2008 at which time I retired.  After 45 years of selling Copiers it was time... It was a GREAT RIDE and I thank Jack Hendrickson for getting me in this business 45 years ago”.
Gary speaking about old
Las Vegas 2008
Today, Gary  does some public speaking about the early days of Las Vegas when he arrived in 1979.  There are still some characters still alive, and their stories are fascinating”.
Linda and Gary 2008
Finally, Gary had this to say:  “Linda and I are living in Summerlin (Las Vegas) enjoying our Golden Years walking the dog (Bozley) in the park, going to the country club to play cards, traveling and I do some consulting, follow the UNLV Rebel Basketball team and making the best of our retirement. Unfortunately, I am no longer able to play Golf as I have Multiple Sclerosis and use a cane to walk".                                                      
Geoff, Laura, Gary and Linda
"The Martin Family in 2008"

No comments: