Rick Maier

Rick 2010
Rick 19con, GA
Email: Click Here

Birthday: June 16

Rick was originally from Wilmington, Delaware.  He moved to Macon, GA in 1984 to become President of ALCO's IOS Capital.    IOS Capital was formed to provide lease financing primarily for office equipment marketed in U.S. marketplaces. IOS Capital would later become one of the largest captive finance companies in North America. Rick left IOS in 2000.
Click on this link to see the wonderful people who created and ran Alco Capital Resources: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xre4RsHNTJE  

Rick 2012
Rick started writing in 1990 and has published  several books and numerous articles.  To learn more about Ricks books and writing, 
Rick 1993

Rick has three adult children and is a board member of  Martha Bowman Church and serves on several boards including Stratford Academy,  Friends of the Trail,  Rotary, Ocmulgee Heritage Trail, College CFO Groups, Macon Museum of Arts and Sciences and The Chamber of Commerce.
Comments by Rick Maier: "I majored in accounting in college to avoid a lot of reading and writing.  As my career in corporate finance advanced, I realized that writing was the key to getting things done; soon my co-workers were calling me ‘memo man’.  In the mid-nineties, I began writing editorials to our local paper and took a couple creative writing courses at Wesleyan College.  Just as 5K road races lead to 10Ks which lead to marathons, short articles led to longer pieces and I began writing Bone Dust in 1998.  It takes me a few months to write a novel, and years to edit.  I ask friends to read the story along the way and take their comments to heart.  This collaborative style works for me, and I hope my friends realize how much I appreciate their help.  Writing is now a primary hobby for me, although it’s not always easy to find time between the often pressing demands of kids, work and social activities. I’ve also found that reading popular fiction is a great way to improve my own writing skills. The most popular authors (e.g. Dan Brown, John Grisham, J. K. Rowling) took ten years and three books to get noticed.  Orange Terrace represents the first decade and third book of my adventure".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading "Bone Dust" and it was excellent! Enjoyed it very much!
Thanks

Rick Maier said...

A wonderful tribute to a great time.
Rick